The eircom Junior Spider Awards
The eircom Junior Spider Awards - The Irish school internet awards - were established in 2009 for students at primary and secondary school level. The aim of these awards is to:
- Recognise the success and innovation amongst internet users in schools and to encourage other students and teachers to use the web to further develop their education and technology skills.
- Provide a benchmark of excellence in schools and to encourage and promote best practice and internet safety awareness amongst students.
- Act as a catalyst for those students who wish to pursue a career in this sector by providing access to influential business executives.
The awards are divided into three categories; the Mega Spiders at primary level and the Giga and Tera Spiders at post primary level. The Giga Spiders are open to 1st to 3rd year students and the Tera Spiders are to 4th to 6th year students. Each award category has a Grand Prix Award.
- The Mega Spiders have three award categories that students can enter which are: Best School Blog, Best Project and Best School Website.
- The four Giga Spiders categories are: Best Project, Best Web Design and Best Irish Website/Suiomh is Fearr.
- The five Tera Spiders categories include Best Concept, Best Project, Best Web Design, Best Irish Website/Suiomh is Fearr and Best Web App.
For further information please visit: juniorspiders.ie.
For direct enquiries about the eircom Junior Spider Awards please contact Louise Delahunty or telephone +353 1 237 7000.